- What information we collect about you;
- How we store your information;
- How your information is used;
- When we may contact you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Any age restrictions on supplying personal information to us;
- How long may we may keep your personal information;
- How to contact us.
1. What Information We Collect
You may access the Service via the Website (and any other online platforms designated by Stuck Ltd from time to time). When you sign-up to the Service on the Website, we will collect personal information about you (such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone/mobile number, your gender and date of birth). This allows us to provide a personalised service to you. You hereby consent to Stuck Ltd accessing and collecting such personal information about you. We will create an account for your use of the Service based on such information (“Account“) and you will become a user of the Service. We may also ask that you provide other information to us for your Account. You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the Service.
Please note that sometimes on particular web pages on the Service or the Website we will require you to provide additional personal information. When we do this, we will specify further on these web pages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We do not collect or store any customer credit card or financial details.
2. How We Store Your Information
Information you submit via the Website is sent to computers located in the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Information we collect may be transferred to, stored and processed by, our subsidiaries as well as Stuck Ltd’s service providers and other reputable third party organisations, which may be situated outside the EEA. In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
We do not collect or store any customer credit card or financial details.
3. How Your Information Is Used
We will use the information you provide to us to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Website, the Service and your experience;
- assist in and administer the provision of services to you (i.e. dispatch news and Stuck Ltd communications via email, post, fax or phone, provide you with password reminders or notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made about or by you;
- contact you about a submission you have made to the Website or the Service, including any content you provide to our forums; and/or
- understand customer trends and patterns.
4. When We May Contact You
We may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to the Service, e.g. on our forums;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary); and/or
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below).
Local pages will give you information about how we will contact you in relation to specific services.
5. Will I Be Contacted For Marketing Purposes?
Where requested by you we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone (including SMS) or mail about existing and new services, products and special offers from us; and/or
- send you information by email, telephone or mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you. However, you always have the opportunity to remove your consent to such use by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
We will not send you unsolicited premium rate SMS messages (which are SMS messages you pay to receive), although your service provider may impose a charge on messages that you receive. Please check with your service provider for details.
You can tell us not to contact you or share your information with a third party either at initial registration for your Account, or later through updates or amendments to your personal information. We may occasionally contact you about products and services we feel may be of interest to you. This will only come from us (or our agents) and only if you have indicated that you do not object to these offers.
6. Will We Share Your Personal Information With Anyone Else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7. Generally, we will only use your information within Stuck Ltd and Stuck Ltd’s subsidiaries or affiliates. However, sometimes Stuck Ltd uses third parties for the purpose of processing your information when subscribing. Stuck Ltd will require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
We do not share our customer information with 3rd parties who are not working for Stuck Ltd.
7. Offensive or Inappropriate Content on the Service
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Service, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of applicable laws (for example, but without limitation, content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. Keeping Our Records Accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible, but we depend on our users to update their personal information whenever necessary. You can review, change or delete the details you have supplied to us at any time by clicking on this link. If you have another query relating to your information, please contact us as set out below.
9. Limitation of Liability
The Service may contain links to other websites where information practices may be different to ours. For example, if you ‘click’ on a link, the ‘click’ may take you off the Service. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy notices as we are not responsible for and have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
10. Legal Disclaimer
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your personal information.
11. How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Stuck Ltd. In the case that you wish to cancel your Account, once your Account is deleted, while people cannot use the personal information, it may stay on our systems for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute to the Service, for example through our forums, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
12. Can I Find Out What Personal Information We Hold About You?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge [£10] for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with two (2) pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
13. Accessing the Service Outside the UK
15. Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes uses to track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
- identify who you are and to access your account information;
- estimate our audience size and patterns;
- control how often visitors see similar ads; and
- track preferences and to improve and update the Service.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK athttp://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We may use a third party analytics platform to help analyse where visitors go and what they do while visiting the Service, such third parties do not hold any of your personal data.
The Service has security installed to ensure that any personal data entered onto the Service is protected against loss, misuse or alteration. However, due to the nature of the Internet, we can’t guarantee the protection of your personal information and we can’t be responsible for any outcomes resulting from a breach of security when the Service is used. We’re confident in our security, and it is always a top priority to ensure we do not get any problems.
17. Your Acceptance of These Terms
18. Contacting Us and Cancellation of Registration
The Information Protection Officer , Stuck Ltd
The Old Dairy, Walk Farm, Whitminster Lane, Frampton on Severn. GL2 7PR